Letter to partners | Document Authenticity Verification
Follow us on Instagram!
Since the onset of the pandemic and the ensuing restrictions imposed on the public, UFC has tackled a range of operational hurdles, the most urgent of which being the logistics of providing hard copies of student records while working remotely.
To address the issue, and with a view to ensuring a higher degree of documental security in international communications, in addition to promoting more sustainable managerial practices, all documents issued and/or certified by our Office are now obtained exclusively in traceable, electronic form.
The means of document verification described below, to all intents and purposes, supersede manual certification by way of stamps, signatures and postage.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests, but we suggest that you read this entire section before reaching out.
- Ever mindful of the need to foment a sound, paper-free administrative environment, the Federal University of Ceará has implemented an Integrated System for Academic Activity Management (Sistema Integrado de Gestão de Atividades Acadêmicas – SIGAA) in order to ensure that faculty, staff and, of course, students can efficiently manage academic life.
- UFC students and graduates are able to autonomously issue English-language versions of some of their records (transcripts, degree confirmation certificates and proof-of-enrollment letters) through the SIGAA platform.
- You can easily check the authenticity of a SIGAA document by scanning the QR Code in the page footers. Should you have further queries about document authenticity verification, please contact the translation team at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certified translations and e-signatures
- Our team uses USB tokens to add electronic signatures to the translations of diplomas and other paper-based (not originally electronic) documents.
- Because it adheres to the requirements of the Brazilian Public Key Infrastructure (ICP-Brasil), this type of signature has the same legal standing as a handwritten signature, similarly to eIDAS in the European Union, NIST-DSS in the US, and ZertES in Switzerland).
- You can check the authenticity of any UFC-issued translation by opening the file in your preferred PDF reader, clicking the digital signature therein and adding our certificate to your list of trusted identities. Should you have further queries about document authenticity verification, please contact the translation team at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, the translated versions of some documents may be issued through the Electronic Information System (Sistema Eletrônico de Informações – SEI). As part of a nationwide initiative directed at attaining a paper-free, robust infrastructure in public administration, this innovative platform is run under the auspices of the Brazilian Federal Government and is now widely utilized as a process management and digital certification tool by universities, the 4th Regional Federal Court (the platform’s institution of origin), government ministries, and the Supreme Federal Court, among various other national agencies.
- You can confirm the authenticity of a SEI document by following the instructions in the page footers. Should you have further queries about document authenticity verification, please contact the translation team at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit, grading and attendance
If you require information on UFC’s credit, grading and attendance policy, please refer to the Official Letters below.